Saturday, August 24, 2013

Scholarships and (Lack of) Work

Job hunting has to be the most depressing thing I've ever done.

Wait, no, not being able to take home the sick kittens in Belize was the most depressing thing.

Job hunting is hard. New grad nurses are anathema to hospitals here in Las Vegas.

I know once I get an interview I will be able to charm their socks off and convince them that I am worth hiring. Until then, I feel like a faceless resume in a stack of faceless resumes.

I have also spent this weekend applying for scholarships. I am going to school this fall full time and it is about 4x as expensive as CSN was. It will be so worth it though.

I'm hoping I can finish my bachelors in less than 18 months. The faster I finish the faster I can be on my way to becoming a nurse practitioner!


No comments:

Post a Comment