Thursday, May 16, 2013

New Grad RN

Monday was my Pinning Ceremony which is our graduation from the nursing program. I got to stand on stage with around 95 of my fellow Spring 2013 graduates in front of our families and friends, and be recognized as a new nurse.

It was such a beautiful ceremony! We all wore white, and the women got to wear those old-fashioned white nurses dresses if we chose. One by one our families came up on stage and put our nursing pin on us, while the instructor who is going to Belize with us, Tracey, read our statements out loud.

Mine thanked my mom and my husband, because without them I would not have been there. Unfortunately my mom couldn't make it to my ceremony. I am so lucky that my husband and his parents were able to come, as well as my dad and his family, and my grandparents. My friends Snow and Matt even came!

The faculty we voted on to speak at our ceremony was Ron. He is one of the best teachers in the program, and he knows all of our names and faces. He is always so supportive and motivates us to be better people. His speech was wonderful (and yes, I cried!), I loved the part where he reminded us that our patients are not just a room number or a diagnosis, they are our sisters, brothers, fathers, children, and we always need to remember that. 
Picture borrowed from Nicole!
I went to go find photos of the ceremony, but my mother in law has them all on her camera. I'll have to get them from her.

No comments:

Post a Comment