Monday, July 22, 2013

Day 2- Orientatipn

I lost my first post I wrote so this one is a little shorter. Forgive any typos please I'm typing this in bed. 

We all gathered in a classroom and had our orientation. They taught us some history of Belize before going in to how we will do our assessments. 




Tomorrow will be our first day the field. We will be taking the bus to a village an hour away. We will go to each house and assess sick people and give them an appointment for the following day. 

For lunch today we all piled into the bus and drive to this wonderful lady's house. Yessi has a little cafe in her yard. She was so sweet and loves to cool. I had a great conversation with her about cooking and got a recipe from her for chicken. 

Before I was getting in the shower tonight I was taking my hair out of my pigtails. I happened to glance in the mirror and froze- the biggest bug EVER was stuck in my braid. It was so scary! I used my washcloth to grab it out of hair. I managed all this without screaming so I consider it a success. 

Great, my eyes are closed in this pic. Oops. 


No comments:

Post a Comment